“No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper…This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord.”
Isaiah reminds us security comes from God. “No weapon that is formed against [you] shall prosper,” if you serve God.
With secularization sweeping across the United States and Europe, there is a falling away from God and His teachings. Because many societies are turning from God, they have no promise of security from their enemies. London is an example of a society turning to man for protection, rather than to God.
Leaders of the 2012 London Olympics are employing several security measures against potential terrorist attacks. Here are security measures London is using against potential terrorist attacks in the 2012 London Olympics.
2012 London Olympics security against terrorism
Security concerns for 2012 London Olympics
- London bombing. On July 7, 2005 a day after London won the Olympic bid terrorists bombed a subway in London.
- G4S failure. G4S was contracted to provide security for the Olympics and didn’t recruit all the guards it promised.
- 1972 Israeli hostages. At the 1972 Munich Olympics, terrorists took Israeli athletes hostage.
- 1996 Atlanta bombing. At the 1996 Atlanta Olympics terrorists bombed Centennial Olympic Park.
- Al-Qaida threat. Al-Qaida may regard the Olympics as a symbol of the U.N. and USA- two enemies.
Security measures for 2012 London Olympics
- Surveillance cameras. There are over 2,500 surveillance cameras in London.
- Helicopters and snipers. There are helicopters planted on coastal ships. A helicopter will signal foreign aircrafts to leave the no-fly zone. If an aircraft is suspected to be a terrorist, snipers can shoot the pilot.
- Anti-aircraft missiles. Some roofs in London have anti-aircraft missiles in case of a terrorist attack.
- An electric fence. London has a 17.5 kilometer-long electric fence with security cameras every 50 meters.
- Intelligent cameras. Surveillance cameras in London can follow suspects and recognize known terrorists.
- British troops. The British military brought in 13,500 troops to assist with the Olympics.
- G4S security guards. G4S supplied about 7,000 security guards for the 2012 London Olympics.
- Trained dog teams. About 55 dog teams will help patrol the Olympic zone.
- USA agents. About a thousand USA diplomatic and FBI agents will help secure the Olympic zone.
- Remote surveillance planes. London’s Met Police may remotely fly mini-surveillance planes during the Olympics.
“Security is not the absence of danger, but the presence of God, no matter what the danger.”
- Unknown Author
Personal Notes: I believe God can warn us of dangers. I once had several dreams about being kidnapped when I was about 6 years old. One day when I walked home from school, two men asked me to come to their car- I remembered the dreams and refused. The car sped off and I ran safely to my brother down the road. I believe God can protect individuals and nations as they rely on Him.