“By the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, until thou shalt return unto the ground.”
Perhaps there are more benefits to sweating, than the mere sustenance we can buy with an income.
With fewer and fewer jobs that involve sweating, it’d be good to know if sweating by and of itself is important to our well being. I looked around online and found some cool reasons why we should seek to sweat regularly.
Here are several health benefits of sweating:
Seven Health Benefits of Sweating
- Sweating helps the body to regulate its temperature and cool down.
- Sweating helps the skin release toxins and heavy metals, such as mercury and lead.
- Sweat has antibiotics that destroy skin bacteria.
- During an exercise-induced sweat, fat is more able to dissolve in water and leave the body through sweat.
- Sweat unclogs skin pores.
- Exercise associated with sweat, releases endorphins into the body, making you feel happier and less stressed.
- Sweating can reduce your cholesterol and sodium levels.
“ I don’t feel right unless I have a sport to play or at least a way to work up a sweat.”
Personal Notes: I love how my skin feels after taking a shower after sweating a lot. I feel refreshed and clean. Growing up with acne, it felt especially good to get oils and bacteria out of my skin and washed off. I feel a lot healthier when I sweat a lot. I remember going to youth dances when I was younger, sweating a lot. Because of how much I used to sweat, some thought I might have hyperhidrosis- a condition characterized by extreme sweating.