“Therefore, repent ye, and humble yourselves before him, lest he shall come out in justice against you—lest a remnant of the seed of Jacob shall go forth among you as a lion, and tear you in pieces, and there is none to deliver.”
The ancient American prophet Mormon warned Gentiles to repent and humble themselves before God, lest descendants of Jacob go among them and tear them as a lion among sheep. Some think this prophecy will be fulfilled by the Mexican Drug War, if America does not repent.
When Felipe Calderón became Mexico’s president in December 2006 he decided to crack down on the illegal drug market. Ever since then Mexico’s erupted with gang violence.
10 Mexican drug war facts
- Since 2006, over 47,500 people died in Mexican gang violence
- The U.S. Justice Department considered Mexican gangs the greatest organized crime threat to America
- Mexican gangs have a significant presence in California, Texas, Arizona and New Mexico
- In 2008, forest authorities found over 5,400 marijuana plants as far inland as Southern Utah
- In 2009, the U.S. Justice Department identified over 200 U.S. cities that had Mexican drug gang networks
- A 2009 U.S. military study predicted that if the war continues 25 years, the Mexican government may collapse
- In May 2010, President Obama sent 1,200 soldiers to fortify the Mexican border
- The United States and Mexico share a border over 2,000 miles long
- The United Nations estimates that 90% of cocaine sold in the U.S. is smuggled through Mexico
- Mexican drug leader Joaquin Guzman is considered the most powerful drug trafficker, with over $1 billion
“Our safety lies in the virtue of our lives. Our strength lies in our righteousness. God has made it clear that if we will not forsake Him, He will not forsake us.”
-President Gordon B. Hinckley
Personal Notes: If we trust in God with all our heart, He will take care of us. If we rely on the arm of flesh, we may be left alone to deal with our problems. God can help us through any problems, including the Mexican Drug War.