“And I said, Oh that I had wings like a dove! for then would I fly away, and be at rest.”
If David lived until 2012, he may have seen his dreams come true.
On March 23, 2012, Terrafugia launched their first test flight of the “Transition.” Transition flying cars fit two passengers, run off of car gas, and can fit inside of a one-car garage. The car is street-legal and and can drive on the highway. When ready for lift-off, you push in the side mirrors, extend the wings and start the turbine.
- Weighs 970 lbs.
- Is about 6.5′ tall and 20′ long. It’s about 7′ wide when in driving mode and 27′ wide in flying mode.
- Carries up to 460lbs .
- Travels up to 65 mph on land, 115 mph in the air.
- Gets about 35 mpg on land, and uses about 5 gallons per hour in the air.
- Has emergency airbags and a full-vehicle parachute.
- Needs about a third of a mile runway to lift off.
“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it.”
My Testament: I’m grateful for those who didn’t give up on flying cars. I think many times someone has a good idea, that most people say won’t work. I want to be one of those who hears a good idea, and supports it with an open mind. I know anything’s possible with the Lord’s help.